alt.sports.hockey.nhl.mtl-canadiens

Re: Sounds good Randy

Mike  wrote in news:4f70e462$0$25236
$9a566e8b_at_news.aliant.net:

> http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/
>
> Click on  "Audition Time" video link where Cunneyworth talks about
> giving the young guys a chance to show what they got. I'm all for it but
> someone should have asked what part Campoli plays in that. Here's a guy
> with no future on this team or likely any other team in the NHL getting
> valuable minutes every night.
>
> Saying one thing, doing another.

I imagine Campoli will find another NHL team easily, but just not at almost
$2 million.

Campoli's season't totals project to almost eactly the same rate he
produced last season, which all that could be expected coming off a half-
season injury.

In fact, if this team was bone dry of prospects but had a really solid top-
4, and no Kaberle, then I would have considered keeping Campoli as a 7th-
8th d-man. He's pure vanilla, not capable of doing anything especially
well, but he fill a space. However, on a team that must try and upgrade its
top-4 though, and unforunately probably keep a space for Kaberle (all you
people who dissed Spacek can now officially "suck it"), then Campoli will
have to find elsewhere to apply his special brand of blandness.

Marty

Written by Marty 27/03/2012 17:56:21
Check some pics on this site!
16/07/2019 16:32:46