rec.autos.tech

Re: Front-wheel drive vs RWD

On Saturday, September 24, 2016 at 8:57:56 AM UTC-10, The Real Bev wrote:
> It used to be that with RWD you'd brake going into a curve and
> accelerate going out to maintain traction via weight shift. It seems
> like it ought to be just the reverse with a front wheel drive car, but
> that just doesn't feel right.
>
> What's the truth here?
>
> And a bonus question: Is the spoiler on my 2013 Corolla Sport likely to
> ever be actually useful?
>
> --
> Cheers, Bev
> Todd Flanders' hobbies include being quiet on long rides,
> clapping to songs and diabetes.
I just drive the same regardless of where the drive wheels are. It works. If you're driving on low traction surfaces, my guess is that it depends on the car mostly, not if it's FWD or RWD. My car is an 04 Passat 4Motion Wagon so it's both.

Written by dsi1 24/09/2016 22:43:09
Check some pics on this site!
16/07/2019 16:49:20